Increasing Our Impact
When: 31 Mar 2020
Thanks to you, our wonderful donors and partners, over the past year Ardoch has supported more children and young people living in disadvantaged communities than ever before. In 2019, we partnered with 135 early years centres, primary and secondary schools, mobilised 1,773 volunteers, delivered over 30,585 program participations and helped improve educational outcomes for 18,815 children and young people around Australia.
Thanks to your continued support, we were able to deliver:
- 308 Broadening Horizons Programs providing children with inspiring learning and life experiences to increase their understanding of the world around them.
- 238 Education Volunteers trained and placed in classrooms to support children’s literacy and learning development.
- 98 Pathways Beyond School Programs introducing students to new career opportunities and pathways to future study.
- 53 Learning through Lunch Programs developing children’s social and life skills and learning about career options in the hospitality industry.
- 42 Literacy Buddies® Programs giving children a real-life context to practice their writing and composition skills whilst connecting them to positive role models.
- 13 Numeracy Buddies Programs improving children’s maths skills through verbalising key concepts and making maths an interactive and fun activity.
- 29 Robotics Programs giving children the opportunity to engage with the STEM curriculum while developing teamwork and collaboration skills.
- 5 Writer in Residence Programs enhancing children’s literacy and language skills and increasing their aspirations for creativity, story-telling and writing.
We know that we cannot do this alone and we must create the village. So, thank you for being a part of the Ardoch village and helping us make a difference to thousands of children and young people living in disadvantaged communities.