Next Gen Volunteers
Are you passionate about sharing and presenting to children and young people to help them reach their true potential? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for enthusiastic and dynamic volunteers who can facilitate sessions online and in person to our partner schools. These sessions are designed to help students to explore future career prospects and skills for the future of work. You will be provided with materials and training to run each session and will play a key part in the success of these programs.
So if you love teaching, facilitating group discussions and working with young people, this is the volunteer opportunity for you!
What do we do?
Ardoch is a national children’s education charity, working to improve educational outcomes for children and young people in disadvantaged communities by providing vital learning and wellbeing resources and activities.
We train and mobilise volunteers to schools and early learning centres, with a focus on building strong foundations of education such as literacy and numeracy. We broaden horizons for children by providing access to excursions and inspiring learning experiences.
Basically, we’re showing up for the kids who need our help the most.
To be a Next Gen Volunteer, you will need to:
- attend a 3-hour online training session with us
- run your first session alongside an Ardoch staff member
- be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months of volunteering with us (1 year preferable)
- be able to travel to locations near you in order to present the sessions
- run at least 6 sessions per year
- have experience facilitating groups
- be a confident presenter
- be comfortable using technology, such as email, Zoom and PowerPoint
Not living in Melbourne? No worries. We are in need of volunteers in Geelong, Greater Dandenong, Frankston, Melbourne’s Western Region (including Ballarat) and Melbourne’s North, so there are sure to be opportunities to help schools in your local community!
What will you gain?
As a Next Gen Volunteer, you will:
- have access to regular professional development opportunities across the year
- gain valuable facilitation and teaching skills
- be a valued member of our vibrant volunteer community
- provide amazing learning opportunities to children and young people
- add to your great CV!
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Clear police check (Ardoch will complete free of charge)
- 2 references
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 24 May. A 3-hour online training session will be held from 10am – 1pm on Tuesday 8 June. As part of your application we ask that you submit a short video introducing yourself (full details in the application form below).
For more information please email [email protected] or call (03) 9537 2414.