Ardoch is committed to safeguarding your privacy online.
Who we are
Ardoch Limited (we or Ardoch) is a children’s charity that provides education support for disadvantaged children and young people. Ardoch delivers tailored education and wellbeing programs that address barriers to education, develop skills and broaden horizons. Ardoch mobilises volunteers to support students in schools and early childhood centres and advocate for change to reduce inequity in education.
For the purposes of this policy, ‘personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
You must specifically inform us in writing if you wish to withdraw that consent.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- through our website (for example, if you choose to donate to Ardoch online through our secure payment gateway or apply for a volunteer role)
- via third party donation platforms or other fundraising initiatives
- when you correspond with us (for example by letter, fax, email or telephone)
- when you participate in surveys after participating in our programs
- on hard copy forms
- in email or online forms
- in person (for example, at job interviews)
- at events and forums
- from third parties or referrers who refer you to us for assistance with your consent
Our website server host may collect the domain names and names of the referring website (not the email addresses of visitors). The Internet Service Provider (ISP) may aggregate information to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the website and pages viewed. We may use this information to help improve the operational performance and informational content of our website.
On occasions we may also need to source personal information from a third party. Such third parties could include an employer to confirm a person’s details, or an agent engaged by us, such as a solicitor, to collect information on our behalf, or a person named as a referee in another application for one of our programs or services. We may also collect information about a person from publicly available sources such as
We do not:
- collect any personal information from visitors to our website except where the visitor initiates this, for example by inquiring or seeking information about our programs, or by making a donation online;
- collect information about online visitors from other sources, such as private organisations, public records or bodies;
- engage in online ‘spamming’ or online mass-outbound marketing activities; or
- release personal information or “data lists” for the purpose of commercial sale.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
The nature of the work we do and programs we deliver means that it is often necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other parties. We will ordinarily let you know who we will disclose your personal information to when we collect the information from you (unless there are practical reasons for not informing you).
Common third parties we might need to disclose your personal information to include:
- other support service providers, when we need their assistance
- our funding providers
- financial institutions for payment processing
- referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
- early childhood centres and schools that we partner with
- our contracted service providers which include:
- information technology service providers
- conference, function and training organisers
- marketing, communications and research agencies
- freight and courier services
- printers and distributors of direct marketing material
- external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers)
In the case of these contracted service providers, we may disclose personal information to the service provider and the service provider may in turn provide us with personal information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant
products or services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our service providers are obliged to protect the privacy and security of personal information and use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
Our website does not enable visitors to post information to be accessed by others or to communicate with other visitors. While we strive to protect the personal information and privacy of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and you disclose that information at your own risk.
Third party websites
For your convenience, our website may contain links to other third party websites, including websites of our partner service providers, which are not operated or controlled by us.
Whilst Ardoch’s policy is to only partner with service providers that maintain reasonable privacy compliance standards, please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party websites.
Third party websites should have their own privacy and security policies, which we encourage you to read before supplying any personal information to them